We all hear that it’s very easy to start blogging in WordPress and you can actually make good money from it. In fact, some people are making a great living from blogging, and you could do that as well. All you have to do is to learn how to start blogging and the results can shine. Here you have some great ideas that you need to keep in mind.
A few years ago if you said to me that you could make a living blogging I probably would have laughed at you. That is not the case today, its much easier today to get started blogging and easier to make money too.
Lets take a look at what we can do to start blogging today.
What do you need to start a WordPress Blog?
In order to create the WordPress blog, you first need a domain name, a hosting account and around an hour or so. These are all the requirements. Yes, you will have to pay for the domain name and hosting, depending on the plans you go for it can be $50-$100 per year or a bit more.
Setting up your WordPress Blog.
You can either use WordPress.org or WordPress.com. The ORG version is better because it allows you to install plugins, themes and customize everything. Not to mention you can also focus on affiliate marketing at one point in the future. But first you will need a domain name and a hosting service.
If you’re new, a good idea is to purchase hosting and domain name from the same provider, as they can help you with the setup and you won’t have to deal with any of the technical stuff. You can also acquire hosting and domain names separately, if you find a better deal.
It all comes down to you. Either way you will have to connect the hosting service to the domain name. Some good options are BlueHost, Hostgator and GoDaddy, among others.
Install a WordPress theme
You can go with a regular, free theme from the Appearance/WordPress menu in your website dashboard. These are free themes, but you can press Add New and you will have access to thousands more. Alternatively you can use a paid theme. Some people don’t like the idea of paid themes when they create a WordPress blog because it’s expensive.
It depends on what you want to use your blog for. If you want to monetize it in the long run, investing in a more complex, paid theme is a very good idea. If you just want to write down some words from time to time, a free theme will do just fine.
WordPress is extremely popular mainly because it has lots of amazing plugins. These help expend the functionality of WordPress by adding new features and capabilities to your WordPress installation. There are WordPress plugins for a variety of tasks, but here are some of the best:
- WPForms adds contact forms to your website
- MonsterInsights gives professional analytics services
- Yoast SEO helps you optimize your content for SEO
- Constant Contact allows you to stay in touch with users even after they leave your website
- OptinMonster does conversion rate optimization
- Sucuri has a web application firewall that helps prevent attacks
- WP Rocket helps boost the WordPress loading speed, offering your site the speed boost it needs for SEO.
- Beaver Builder – drag and drop page builder for WordPress
- MemberPress - create an online community via your WordPress website
- SeedProd delivers great WordPress maintenance features
- G Suite helps add a Google web app set for docs, spreadsheets and email.
- SEMRush has a complete digital marketing toolkit
- LiveChat offers, as the name suggests, live chat capabilities for your website
- Shared Counts brings in beautiful social sharing links to your website
These are only a few of the many WordPress plugins that you can use. They are a pleasure to check out and you should totally consider giving them a shot. Of course, you can always try to find others and create your own list of important WordPress plugins.
Write your first post
You can go to Posts and then select the Add New option. The great thing about WordPress is that you can even add multimedia content to your posts, such as images and links. And you can see all of that on your own. It offers a much better and simpler way to write content for your website. You can write as many posts as you want. And you can either save them as a draft at the top right of the page, or you can choose to publish them immediately. You can also schedule posts, instead of Publish Immediately just press Edit and select when you want to post your content.
How to make money from your blog?
It’s important to note that you do need to have at least a few content pieces on your blog before you monetize it. Not only does it show that you are here to help people, but visitors will have something more to read instead of just a single article. So, how can you monetize your blog?
- AdSense from Google is a service that allows you to add ads to your blog. Google will be the middleman between you and advertisers that want to showcase their offer on your blog. You will get paid for every click.
- Affiliate marketing is the best option for WordPress monetization because you just have to become a part of an affiliate network, create content for various products and add in your link. You get a commission for everyone that purchases something via your link.
- Creating your own store on your blog will help you earn money directly and it helps quite a bit. You can even start selling digital products.
As you can see, blogging is very easy and you can even make good money from it. While it might seem a bit hard at first, the reality is that using WordPress for your blog is one of the best choices you can make. It will help you get the results you want, and you will be very happy with the results. Don’t hesitate and consider starting your own WordPress blog today!
Learning More about Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate Marketing is still a great way to make money online. Most people over look it because they want something fast. If you want to create a passive income stream you need to look at affiliate marketing.
If you would like to read more about affiliate marketing you can take my totally free course Blogging to freedom! by signing on the main page of this blog HERE.